Welcome to Our Blog

Our hope is that this gives you all a chance to see what we're up to these days.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

The 6yo mic drop


I'm often up before everyone, getting a little work in before the family awakens. LJ is usually the next one up and he often joins me as I grade papers or get a jump on emails (for a theoretically less interrupted day). This morning, he came down to the office and sees me responding to emails as I catch up from a week of travel and limited e-communications.

LJ - Papa, why do you type all the time.

me - Well, my work sometimes requires a lot of typing.

LJ *matter of factly* - Hm...maybe it's a health problem.

...to which he gets up and walks off. I think that was the 6yo equivalent of a mic drop. I really wonder if children have any idea how profound their thoughts often are.

"And with that, I just have two more words to say...Obama out."


No comments: